Here at Your CBD Store Spring We understand Buying CBD Especially if you are a first time buyer or have never been in our Your CBD Store Spring location to talk to one of our endocannabinoid experts can feel overwhelming and a little scary at times. But it Doesn’t have to be. Often we get asked if there is a how to guide. We are going to include some definitions of terms, you will hear quite often when referring to CBD and our SunMed products. We will also talk about Common misconceptions of CBD, pros and Cons about using different solvent extraction processes. And Frequently asked Questions.CBD
or Cannabidiol is one of the 100+ Identified cannabinoids in cannabis plants and can account up to 40% of the plants extract.Endocannabinoid System (ECS)
The Biological system composed of endocannabinoids, which are endogenous lipid-based retrograde neurotransmitters that bind to cannabinoid receptors (CBRs) Cannabinoid receptor proteins are expressed throughout the vertebrate central nervous system and peripheral nervous systemEndocannabinoid
Cannabinoids that naturally produced by our body Anandamide-Central or Peripheral Nervous System and 2-Arachidonoylglycerol- Regulation of Appetite, Immune System Functions, Pain ManagementExocannabinoid
Cannabinoids that are found in plantsCB1 Receptor
Found mainly in our Central Nervous System (Spinal Cord and Brain) Direct Role in memory and cognition, emotion, motor control, appetite stimulation, and perception of painCB2 Receptor
Immune system- Responsible for mediating Cytokine release- Gastrointestinal SystemExtraction
The Process used to remove the Cannabinoids from the Industrialized Hemp PlantSolvent
Used in extraction process to dissolve certain substancesSuper Critical CO2 Extraction
The Extraction process used for Full Spectrum Products Creates phase changes in carbon dioxide utilizing temperature and pressure. CO2 is known as a “tunable solvent” making it extremely versatile for creating a multitude of end products by controlling temperature and pressureBroad Spectrum
0% THC or ND THC (Non Detected THC)
Other beneficial cannabinoids (CBG, CBN, CBC)
Essential Amino AcidsFull Spectrum
.3% or Less of THC
Other beneficial cannabinoids (CBG, CBN, CBC)
Essential Amino AcidsIsolate
ONLY CBDEntourage Effect
Results produced from the synergistic interaction of the cannabinoids, flavonoids, terpenes, and fatty acids naturally found in cannabis • Reason behind why Broad or Full Spectrum products work better than an Isolate productSynergy
The interaction or cooperation of two or more organizations, substances, or other agents to produce a combined effect greater than the sum of their separate effects
What Is CBD Rich Hemp Extract and Where Does It Come From?Myths
1. CBD comes from the Marijuana plant
2. CBD can get you “high”
3. CBD is the only oil in the plant that is useful
4. All CBD is the same
5. The CBD industry is regulated
6. Using CBD topically is the safest way to use it
7. The label on the product explains what the company has sold the consumerFacts
1. CBD Rich Hemp Extract can be extracted from BOTH marijuana and hemp plants
2. CBD Rich Hemp Extract from Industrial Hemp carries less than 0.3% THC (Full Spectrum Products) and Broad-Spectrum Products have a non detectable amount of THC
3. There are 100’s of compounds being discovered inside the industrial hemp plant that are being thrust into research today (CBG, CBN, CBC, CBA, CBD-V, THC-V)
4. Not all CBD Rich Hemp Extract is the same. In a recent study by UCONN over 100 products were tested and 67% of the products were labeled improperly.
5. The CBD industry is currently an unregulated market, but the World Health Organization deemed CBD non-psychoactive and nonaddictive.
6. There are numerous delivery methods; Topical, Sublingual, Water Soluble, Vaping, edibles etc.)
7. What is on the label is important, unfortunately the content inside the bottle is often mislabeled. Look for products with QR Codes that lead straight to a Certificate of Analysis
Supercritical CO2 ExtractionPros
• Solvent is recycled, No waste
• Limits residual solvent
• More tuneability higher cannabinoid count
• Maintains terpene and plant waxes
• Safe and Well establishedCons
• More expensive equipment
• More technical ability needed
Solvent Extraction (Alcohol)Pros
• Cheap and simple to run
• Can produce vape pen quality product
• Can be done at small quantitiesCons
• Solvents are flammable
• Damages plant waxes
• Wasted solvent
• Less pure product
Frequently Asked QuestionsWhat is CBD?
• A cannabinoid that is naturally found in hemp plants that interacts with our Endocannabinoid SystemDo I need a prescription?
• No, Products made from Industrialized hemp was made legal with the passing of the Farm Bill in 2018
Will it interact with any medications I am taking?
•We always recommend consulting your physician first, but start low and slowDo I have to take it every day?
•We recommend taking it consistently, twice a dayCan I fly with CBD in the US?
• Refer to TSA guidelines Marijuana and certain cannabis infused products, including some Cannabidiol (CBD) oil, remain illegal under federal law except for products that contain no more than 0.3 percent THC on a dry weight basis or that are approved by FDA. (See the Agriculture Improvement Act of 2018, Pub. L. 115-334.) TSA officers are required to report any suspected violations of law to local, state or federal authorities. TSA’s screening procedures are focused on security and are designed to detect potential threats to aviation and passengers. Accordingly, TSA security officers do not search for marijuana or other illegal drugs, but if any illegal substance is discovered during security screening, TSA will refer the matter to a law enforcement office.Is it safe for my animals?
• SunMed offers a great product line
• Same formula as the human tinctures, just flavored bacon or peanut butterWhat is the difference between your product and the one down the street?
• At Your CBD Store we focus on partnering with the community through Quality and Transparency of our product line. We have an in-house Chief Science Officer that formulates the products. Every product is tested multiple times throughout the process before being put on the shelves.
How does CBD Oil Make you feel? Your individual response to CBD will be different then anyone else’s. Since CBD does not contain any THC it will not get you high. CBD is non-psycho active Cannabinoid.
Does CBD Oil Show Up in a Drug Test? We are making no claims or assertions about the outcomes or accuracy of THC tests. We stand by our third-party lab reports that are certified iso 17205 and meet regulatory standards for our products. Please use our website to navigate to the lab report section for more details on batch specific tests.